Governance and Regulatory Services: Regulatory Examination Readiness, Mergers and Acquisitions, Training and Advisory;
Regulatory Examination Readiness
Assess governance oversight of significant activities based on the Regulator’s Supervisory framework. Supervisory framework significant activities include Information Technology, Retail Credit, Commercial Credit and Treasury. Our process is to develop a gap assessment and facilitate remediation.
Mergers and Acquisitions
PRA Canada has assisted a number our Credit Union clients through mergers and acquisitions. Our partners and staff have experience from both sides of the transaction. PRA Canada has conducted several due diligence and merger business case development projects for many Credit Unions. Examples include the following:
- Led merger due diligence of Evergreen, Coastal Community and Comox in 2004.
- Provided due diligence support to Prospera and Westminster Savings discussions in 2015 and 2019.
- Led successful merger of Parksville & District with Nanaimo Credit Union (asset transfer) to form Coastal Community Credit Union in 2001.
- Led due diligence of acquisition of insurance agency business (acquisition) for Island Savings (2003).
- Led due diligence of successful Credit Union merger (asset transfer) of Lake Cowichan Credit Union to Island Savings (2005).
- Advised on two merger projects in British Columbia (2017).
Training and Advisory
PRA Canada provides training and advisory to Boards, Management and line staff on any topics in which audit work is completed including: Privacy, Anti-Money Laundering, Risk Management, Compliance and Third-Party Risk to name a few.